The Washington Wolves “Rec Squad” is a new recreational program that develops the skills and field hockey knowledge of players in elementary and middle school. For most children, field hockey is a sport that they are only exposed to in middle school or, for many, in high school. This recreational program is designed to introduce the sport to girls and boys in elementary and middle school, with the hope that they will learn and love the sport as much as our coaches do.
This fall, we will be hosting a 10-week recreational program that will include a 15-minute warm up and field hockey rules session, 45 minutes of skills and 45 minutes of games. It will take place on Saturday mornings at the Stone Ridge School turf field in Bethesda, MD.
Registration: SOLD OUT! Thank you to all the families that have signed up. We are excited to get going!
To inquire about future opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
September 11, 18, 25
October 2, 9 (bermuda field), 16, 23, 30
November 6, 13 (tournament)
11:00 AM – 12:45 PM (confirmed)
Stone Ridge School (9101 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814 – Turf Field)
Price: $375 (includes credit card fee and a pinnie)
The goals of the program are to:
- Teach players the basic rules and concepts of field hockey
- Develop their fundamental skills, such as dribbling, passing, and general ball movement
- Challenge them and teach them life skills and lessons, such as the values of practice, hard work, and teamwork
- Create a fun and positive environment for them to learn field hockey
- On the final session of rec on Nov. 13, we will have a tournament (for each age group) that will include other teams. Each team will play 3 games and the two top teams will play in a championship game.
Head coaches will include current and former college field hockey players from top programs, including Syracuse University, Tufts University, American University and University of Maryland to name a few. Don’t miss out on a great opportunity to learn field hockey!