The Washington Wolves “Rec Squad” is a recreational program that develops the skills and field hockey knowledge of players in elementary and middle school. For most children, field hockey is a sport that they are only exposed to in middle school or, for many, in high school. This recreational program is designed to introduce the sport to girls and boys in elementary and middle school, with the hope that they will learn and love the sport as much as our coaches do.
This fall, we will be hosting an 8-week OUTDOOR recreational program that will include 45 minutes of skills and 45 minutes of games. We will also hold a play day on the final weekend on October 22. Registration is now OPEN. Spaces are limited.
For fall, we will break the groups up in the same way the club does for age divisions. For new players, we may have you train with a younger age group, and for advanced players, we may have you play with an older group so that you can get the most out of this experience and learn at a pace that matches skill level.
September: 3, 10, 17, 24
October: 1, 8, 15, 22 (play day)
Time: 3:30 – 5:00 PM (all groups)
- U10 group – 8 years or younger
- U12 group – 9 -11 years
- U14 group – 12-14 years
Stone Ridge School (9101 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814 – Turf field)
Price: $375 (includes pinnie)
The goals of the fall program are to:
- Teach players the rules and build on concepts
- Develop their fundamental skills, such as dribbling and passing, and introduce more advanced skills for both
- Challenge them and teach them life skills and lessons, such as the values of practice, hard work, and teamwork
- Create a fun and positive environment for them to learn field hockey
Coaches will include current and former college field hockey players from top programs, including Syracuse University, Tufts University, American University, and University of Maryland to name a few. Don’t miss out on a great opportunity to develop your field hockey skills!
SAVE THE DATE:
Winter Rec program will take place in the gym at the Stone Ridge School in Bethesda, MD. The 8-week program will implement some of the indoor rules but will not require indoor sticks. Registration will open in the fall but below are are the dates and times.
December: 3, 10
January: 7, 14, 21
February: 4, 11, 18
Time: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM (60-minute sessions)
- U10 group (8 years and under) – 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- U12 group (9 -11 years) – 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- U14 group (12-14 years ) – 12:00 – 1:00 PM
Stay tuned for more information. Spaces are limited.